Sorensens

Sorensens
We may not have it all together but together we have it ALL

Friday, December 9, 2011

Our Worst Nightmare

On Dec 1 2011 our whole world was turned upside down. I got a call that afternoon that our family business would be shut down and taken over by someone else. I think everyone involved would have a different story but this is my side. The guy who my dad bought the gas station from went behind my dads back and found someone to take over and gave us about 5hours notice that we had to get out. He had promised Mike that he could take over the shop no matter what but when it came down to it he lied and left my whole family without a job right before Christmas. Some people are so heartless it amazes me. We were left jobless no way to pay our house payment let alone anything else including Christmas. After I cried for what seems like forever, I finally pulled myself together. After everything I have been through I know that everything happens for a reason and we will be OK. It could always be worse, I have two healthy beautiful little girls and that's all that matters.
Even though some people are so heartless, there are still wonderful people out there. A guy Mike has done business with for years gave him a job, a few people Mike works with on the Ambulance have been trying to help him find a higher paying job, Gracie's preschool teachers have given me a break on the monthly payments so I don't have to pull her out of school. A lady that is in one of Mike's collage classes found out what had happened and sent a Christmas present for each of my girls. She has never met them and only knows Mike from school. It amazes me the things some people do. A few close friends have called and offered to help, I think that is what keeps me going is knowing there still are people out there that care. When we get back on our feet, I will defiantly be one of those people. I will do everything I can to help people less fortunate.
I have already had 2 interviews and another one on Monday. So hopefully something will come our way. Once Mike is done with the fire academy in May he'll be able to start applying for fire jobs. Even though it feels like this tunnel we're in will never end, I have hope that we'll start seeing the light sooner rather than later.
Thank you to everyone who has helped us out or offered to help us. Even the simplest things have made the biggest difference and I'm thankful for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment