Sorensens

Sorensens
We may not have it all together but together we have it ALL

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New years resolutions

I usually don't make New years resolutions but this year I thought I would give it a try. I'm well on my way to accomplishing them. I made two, one being to run a marathon this year and two learn how to make quilts. Kim(my mother-in law) and I are taking a quilting class on Thursday nights, which I love going it is so much fun. We only have two classes left and our quilts will be done. I'm making a baby boy quilt in hopes that one day I'll need it. With the basic stuff we have learned so far I taught myself to make these cute quilts for the girls.



I was pretty proud of myself and love the way they turned out. The top one is Kylie's because it is bigger and the bottom one is Gracie's. You can't really see in the pictures above but the blanket is based on the middle pattern which is a really cute frog print.



So I've been training to run a marathon in July or August lately, it's a lot of work and with being sick and then I hurt my knee really bad running one day it's been hard to get in the groove of running everyday again. So to give myself some motivation Mike and I are signed up to run the thanksgiving point half marathon. I'm so excited and yet so terrified. I think it will be a lot of fun and give me the motivation to run a marathon this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment